Sunday, September 26, 2010

WORLD'S SMALLEST STOP-MOTION ANIMATION FILM


Iv'e been experimenting with video on a Canon G9 for about two years and got really into it now and then. It's creative and fun but technically difficult.  I'm not saying I'm good or anything, I just shoot people, insects, lizards and my dogs, I'm still in the learning phase. It's what I call a tiny hobby; something you enjoy but spend only a tiny amount of time on over a long period of time to learn more effectively and thoroughly.

The pros of small video are taking things to a whole new  level and using interesting techniques and new technology. For whatever reason I don't enjoy most animated film? Particularly if it's the new high-def 3D films that look very computerized. There is nothing wrong with that style, I just don't get it, or like it personally?  I'm more of an old fashioned, claymation kind of girl. One of my favorite movies of all time is the little film, as I like to call it, the 1964 classic,

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (TV special, respectively)

I like the simplicity and genuine creativity of this style. The film "Dot" reminded me of the Rudolph style. I fell completely in love with this tiny movie with so much to see. 

 As you know, I love tiny things and this is the tiniest films of all!  It makes me feel warm and cozy contemplate knitting and purging all of my belongings at the same time.  Maybe I'll give up everything and knit myself a sleeping bag to lay by the fire in? On the other hand, Eva needs a new sweater for fall! The Queen insists on Mongolian Cashmere, hand raised by well paid, native workers and imported on a by http://www.flygreenjets.com/ 

Watch this movie it's very inspiring and happy! Note because of the format of my blog, the entire video, full screen won't fit. Click on the half video below and it will take you to the full video on youtube.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment