Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I'm so excited about this new shipping option from Ebay, reusable boxes made from 100% FSC-certified material, uses minimal tape and is printed with water based inks ! Technically, all boxes are reusable for something but Ebay has now created a new box that you reuse until it barely contains the properties of a solid. I can think of all kinds of ideas!  I've been selling old stuff on Ebay since I started college, to earn extra money. Living in New York city meant no storage for extra things like your own stuff, let alone extra boxes. I used the Priority mail shipping boxes, provided free at the post to send my orders out. They cost nothing and were dependable. I felt good about selling old things to new homes, but I felt bad about not being able to easily use recycled boxes. Apparently, I'm not the only one who felt this way and Ebay finally wised up to the times. I look to the magazine Fast Company Magazine for new updates in business know how, without putting me to sleep. They just published a fabulous article about these new, Eco boxes that is excellent as usual.
"The box idea was the grand prize winner at eBay's annual Innovation Expo, a celebration of creative ideas from eBay employees. Designed for "simple green shipping," eBay believes that a single box reused five times could save nearly 4,000 trees, 2.4 million gallons of water, and conserve enough energy to juice up 49 homes for a year." Bravo!


"EBay will send out a pilot run of 100,000 boxes in October to all sellers who request them. Recipients can log on to a special website to report on the status of their boxes (and track them as they move from place to place), and after a few months, eBay will evaluate the program and figure out how to proceed."

As a bonus, they are also much cuter than the red, white and blue boxes. Stacked on top of each other they look like a tree with different perspective. They have the popular, modern look similar to the twitter logo trend.
New Ebay Recycle box

Follow this link to read the full article,
http://www.fastcompany.com/1686645/ebay-launches-reusable-box-shipping-program

No comments:

Post a Comment