Friday, June 12, 2009

Welcome

Hello and Welcome to my new blog!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read and view my blog. My name is Brehan Todd, I am a designer and fashionista in Portland, Oregon. I've recently launched a line of refashioned jewelry and accessories and I decided it was time to start sharing all of my adventures and knowledge with a few friends. For my first blog post, I visited one of my favorite stores in Portland. In fact, it might be my fave store anywhere? It's called Flutter, and it is located on a great block of other cool shops and businesses, Mississippi Ave. This street is the place to shop green, for the home, garden, kitchen, and wardrobe, not to mention the amazing gifts at Flutter! I am so excited to be working with Flutter on a custom line of re-fashioned jewelry and accessories. I find the colors and look of this shop so inspireing, it's easy for me to come up with designs that compliment. The theme is focused on birds (including live finches nesting and snuggling in little baskets), feathers, nature, color, and junk that is combined in a unique, nouveau bohemian style. I have dreamed of having designs in this store, for awhile, with all of the lovelies here. The owner, Cindy Rokoff, has done an amazing job of selecting mainly vintage and handmade fashions and home needs as well as gifts, vintage clothing, fragrances, books, lot's of handmade jewelry and refashioned clothing by local designers like Frocky Jack Morgan and Urchin, as well as many other talented designers. Here are some photos from recent trips, each time is different and you never know what you'll find?...
I would just love to curl up on this tiny bed for a snooze, so summery and cheerful! Cindy impecable taste selecting vintage furniture and it's very reasonably priced.
I have an obsession with chandeliers and their discarded parts. You can find plenty here. Always plenty of furry friends (vintage) and feathers as well as interesting ethnic antiques. Oh boudoir, I dream of my closet looking something like this someday, all feathers and fluff and full of "green clothing". I love the painting on this armoir, probably one my favorite pieces of furniture ever!
Some of the refashioned hats by Brehan Todd at Flutter and flutterclutter.com Blue Velvet... This makes me chandel-erious with lust. I dream of jade blue chandelier crystals.
One of many feather mascots among a vintage cowboy boot collection.
Circus Couture Feather Necklace by Brehan Todd available at flutterclutter.com Animal heads and Black Forest style antiques are a bit of a theme here, one of my favorite themes to decorate with.
Vintage stamp collection, why not? Lion in a Cage Necklace by Brehan Todd for Flutter available at flutterclutter.com, handmade from vintage, recycled and natural materials. Each piece is hand sew in place to the silk fabric fragment, which is left over from projects. The inspiration for this piece was circus couture, obviously and began with the lion brooch. Owner of Flutter, Cindy Rockoff, sitting pretty in a large vintage sofa. More on Flutter, and other adventures coming soon...
Add Image

3 comments:

  1. Wow I would love to visit Flutter, what such lovely eye candy, like a museum in its self. I love that circus wagon necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. Flutter is one of the most amazing shops I have ever seen and I have seen many! Check back soon for new posts!

    ReplyDelete