Friday, April 15, 2011

The Diving Bell and The Butterfly

I stumbled upon this film a year or so ago and I still can't get it out of my mind. 
The Diving Bell and The Butterfly is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I have ever experienced. I think of moments or lines, or a look in one of the actors eyes.  Finally, I decided to do something about it and translate the inspiration into a piece of jewelry.



Around the same time I was thinking about this design, my sister, Anissa, send me a package of jewelry and things she finds here and there, as she so often does(so sweet).  This time I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened these beautiful vintage curtain tacks in colored flowers.

So here is my newest necklace for the Spring collection inspired by this extraordinary film and nautical things in general. You saw it here first. Watch this clip below of the film to get a sense of the amazing eye candy and emotion, and amazing acting performances. 

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly Necklace
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly Necklace, now available in my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment