Thursday, November 05, 2009

Red Heart Cult Addict In the Spirit of Halloween season, I thought it would be the perfect time to introduce one of my favorite, fellow designers. Leila Marvel is a character in her own well directed movie of a sort of melancholy Alice and Wonderland, romantic tragedy. This lovely and talented designer has a way of making her pieces so feminine and unique, with a hint of Victorian cupcake goth. Here are some of my favorites available on etsy now, http://www.etsy.com/shop/redheart13 Here is the official bio for this interesting artist, "Hello, it is nice to meet you. In a world of masquerading romantic tragedy, holds places of splendid melancholy, a world filled with vampires and dark stories created through relics and one-of-a-kind jewelry. I introduce to you, the Red Heart Cult™; inspired by the Victorian way of life, classic romance, seduction and lastly the human soul. I find much inspiration for my jewelry from fairy tales, mourning, vampires, Andre Vesalius and my beloved grandmother's attic. I am an advocate collector of things, including holy water fonts, antique crucifixes, religious statues. I cherish the finer things in life like jumping on the bed and visiting cemeteries. Some more of my pics from the etsy shop, So inspiring! Don't forget to check out her amazing blog as well, where she holds contests, announces other inspiring happenings and shares her world! http://redheartcult.blogspot.com/ Cheers!

2 comments: